Super Bowl Snack
To kick-off this Super 52 weekend, we’re sharing one of our executive chef’s favorite party snacks!
This fun (and healthy) dish is perfect for sharing at any gathering of friends and family.
“When we get together with friends there has to be food, whether we make desserts, dinner, snacks, or anything in between. It creates a sense of comfort or adventure,” says Josiah, who is often seen kicking a soccer ball or throwing a football back and forth with his son while waiting for the morning school bus.
The intersection of food and sports on weekends such as this, creates an opportunity to be creative without going outside your comfort zone.
With only two main ingredients and a handful of spices, this spicy dish is sure to thrill, AND will be ready in under 60 minutes— giving you plenty of time to root for your favorite puppy or team.
*SPICED-LIME ROASTED GARBANZO BEANS*
30oz garbanzo beans (canned or freshly cooked)
2 Tbsp coconut or canola oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 lime, zested
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp curry powder
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Rinse and towel dry the garbanzo beans, peeling off as many skins as possible.
3. Toss the beans in salt and oil, lay out on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
5. While still hot, toss in the lime zest, cayenne and curry powder.
6. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
This simple, zesty party snack can be stored loosely covered for up to 3 days or frozen to keep for up to 3 weeks.